March 1, 2013

#Friday Reads

It is finally Friday, anyone else as excited as me? Friday is definitely a great day for relaxation and just sitting around reading. I wish every day was like that. This weekend I will be reading two books, I will finally be starting The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien, I'm not quite sure how it will work out, or if I'll be able to get through it but I thought it was about time that I attempted it.

Bilbo Baggins is a hobbit who enjoys a comfortable, unambitious life, rarely travelling further than the pantry of his hobbit-hole in Bag End. But his contentment is disturbed when the wizard, Gandalf, and a company of thirteen dwarves arrive on his doorstep one day to whisk him away on an unexpected journey ‘there and back again’. They have a plot to raid the treasure hoard of Smaug the Magnificent, a large and very dangerous dragon…

The prelude to The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit has sold many millions of copies since its publication in 1937, establishing itself as one of the most beloved and influential books of the twentieth century. -Goodreads

I will also continue with reading Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. This book has been taking me way too long, but I seem to be stuck and can't get out of this reading runt it put me in.


Surrounded by enemies, the once-great nation of Ravka has been torn in two by the Shadow Fold, a swath of near impenetrable darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human flesh. Now its fate may rest on the shoulders of one lonely refugee.


Alina Starkov has never been good at anything. But when her regiment is attacked on the Fold and her best friend is brutally injured, Alina reveals a dormant power that saves his life—a power that could be the key to setting her war-ravaged country free. Wrenched from everything she knows, Alina is whisked away to the royal court to be trained as a member of the Grisha, the magical elite led by the mysterious Darkling.

Yet nothing in this lavish world is what it seems. With darkness looming and an entire kingdom depending on her untamed power, Alina will have to confront the secrets of the Grisha…and the secrets of her heart.-Goodreads

Wish me luck guys, I think I'll need it. Let me know if you have read either of the books and what you thought about them. Have a great weekend and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment